ASIAN PEAR + RADICCHIO SALAD WITH SPICY CITRUS DRESSING, because my mom made breakfast for me and it was outrageous and OMG:
2/3 cup golden raisins
1 lemon, juiced
2 Asian pears, thinly sliced
1 head Romaine, Boston, spinach or arugula or mixture
1 head fennel thinly sliced
1/3 cup oil
3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
1 cup almonds toasted and chopped roughly
1 T hot honey, or sweetener of choice
Black peppercorn, freshly ground, or just pepper
1. In a small bowl, combine raisins and lemon juice. Add about 1/4 cup hot water to fully submerge the raisins and let soak for 15 min. Drain.
2. Heat oil over medium heat in a frying pan. Add shallots and almonds and fry for about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Strain oil AND SET IT ASIDE, and set shallot mixture on paper towel to drain.
4. Once oil has cooled, add honey/sweetened of choice, lemon, salt and pepper, mix.
1. On a large serving platter, layer lettuce, radicchio, fennel, and pear.
2. Sprinkle raisins, almonds, and shallots on top.
3. Add dressing and season with pepper and Maldon or flaky salt.