Let's talk about buying a dessert (in this case, that's by @ejdesserts), instead of making it, and adding your own personal spin on it with some fruit as the topper.
As with everything that I want to give over to you guys, there are no real "rules", but here are some fundamentals so you can recreate this at home.
What you need:
1. Assortment of berries, here I used blueberries, gooseberries, strawberries, and pom seeds.
2. A flat tart .
What to do:
1. Begin by placing bigger pieces of fruit along the perimeter of the tart at random intervals. Here, I used strawberries sliced down the middle.
2. Continue following the curve of the crust and layering in fruit so you have a mixture of textures. I use pomegranate seeds as a handy way to fill in blank spaces.
3. Consider cutting your fruit to fit the spaces that need filling- sometimes gooseberries are in quarters, other times thin slices, and yet others-halved.
4. Have fun with it! If you want to leave it as a half moon shape- I would taper off the ends, narrowing as you finish. Scatter some pomegranate seeds so that it doesn't end abruptly.
Don't overthink it! Have fun with it!
Tag me in your creations.